Rules and Regulations
Registration & Eligibility
- Each participating team is required to register via the online registration form by 7 April (Sunday), 2359hr.
To register, the team must complete the online registration form and submit scanned copies of their Student Pass (without NRIC numbers (if any) shown) of all team members (front and back) to YoungSDGLeaders@cdl.com.sg with the following email subject title: “ID Verification_Team Name_Date of Submission”. Kindly save the scanned copies in a folder in the following format: Team Name_.
Participants should be Singaporeans, Permanent Residents or Student Pass holders currently enrolled as full time students at Junior Colleges, Institute of Technical Education, Polytechnics, Universities and International Schools in Singapore.
- Each team must comprise three to five participants between the ages of 17 and 25 years of age (as at 31 December 2019). Teams can comprise members from either the same or different schools/institutions.
Phase 1: Compulsory Competition Brieﬁng and SDG Workshop
- At least two members from each team must attend a compulsory Competition Brieﬁng and SDG Workshop on 15 April 2019 (Monday).
Competition Briefing & SDG Workshop Details
Date: 15 April 2019 (Monday)
Venue: Singapore Sustainability Academy
Skypark Level 6, City Square Mall
180 Kitchener Road
Registration: 3.30 pm
Event starts: 4 pm
Event ends: 6 pm
Phase 2: Pre-selection
- Each participating team is required to submit the Preliminary Proposal by 10 May (Friday), 5 pm to YoungSDGLeaders@cdl.com.sg
- Late submissions will NOT be accepted.
- The Proposal must not exceed 10 pages excluding the cover page. The proposal must be in the following format:
- Typewritten in Arial 11 pt font, double line spacing with 1 inch margins from all sides on A4 size.
- One cover page containing the team name and participant’s names and school/ institution only – this information must not be included elsewhere in the preliminary proposal
- Executive Summary not exceeding 1 page.
- Annexes are a part of the 10 pages.
- The proposal should address the following:
- Analyse the company’s existing sustainability strategy focusing on how the SDGs are integrated into their business and operations.
- Use assessment tools such as the SDG Compass or frameworks to help the company better align their strategies, as well as measure and manage their contribution to achieving the SDGs
- Identify at least 3 SDGs that are material to the company and show how new business opportunities/ innovations may be introduced to support the advancement of the identified SDGs.
- In the Pre-selection phase, all submissions will be reviewed and 10 shortlisted teams (one ﬁnalist team per company) for Phase 3. Non-qualifying teams will be notiﬁed by email.
Phase 3: Final Judging
- Finalists will be expected to fulﬁl a practical attachment (of 3-5 working days) with the company onsite to further review and reﬁne the proposal under the mentorship of a youth mentor. The tentative period for the attachment will be between 3 June to 28 June 2019. Failure to attend the practical attachment might result in a disqualiﬁcation.
- Each ﬁnalist team is required to submit the Final Proposal (PDF) and Presentation Slides (PPT) through email or a file sharing website (e.g. Google Drive, Wetransfer) by 26 July 2019, 5pm to YoungSDGLeaders@cdl.com.sg
- Similar to Preliminary round, the proposal should not exceed 10 pages, excluding cover page and Appendix. Typewritten in Arial 11 pt font, double line spacing with 1 inch margins from all sides on A4 size. One cover page containing the team name and participant’s names and school/ institution only – this information must not be included elsewhere in the preliminary proposal.
- Presentation slides must be named ‘Team Name_Company Name’. Annexes are allowed in the Final Proposal.
- Late submissions will NOT be accepted.
- All ﬁnalist teams are required make a 10-minutes presentation followed by a 10-minute Question & Answer session to a panel of judges at the ﬁnal judging on 24 August 2019 (Saturday), morning. Timing TBA closer to the date.
- All proposals and presentations submitted in the course of this competition must be recent and original, and must not have been previously entered in any national, regional or international competitions, or subject to any form of copyright protection in any country, whether in part or in whole. Copyright ownership of all proposals will remain with the participants and the organisers.
- A pre-judging panel comprising a representative each from the organisers, City Developments Limited and Global Compact Network Singapore, will shortlist the 10 Preliminary Proposals for Final Judging.
- Final Submissions will be judged by a panel of sustainability and industry experts. Individual scores will not be disclosed to the ﬁnal teams.
- The judges’ decision is ﬁnal. No correspondence will be entered into on this subject before, during and after the Competition.
- By registering to participate in the Competition, the participant allows CDL to collect and use the data, and to disclose the data to the Organisers’, for the following purposes:
- Sending of announcements and updates, conduct surveys and other relevant communication related to the Competition.
- Contacting of participants to send reminders on submissions and key milestone dates.
- All participants must consent to the public disclosure of his/her name and photographs, as the case may be, for publicity purposes or otherwise participate in the publicity activities of the Organisers’ in relation to the Competition and to the use of any information provided for any future publicity effort by the Organisers, without any payment or compensation thereof.
- Participants shall bear all costs associated with the participation of the Competition, the claiming and collection of the prizes from the Organisers.
- Notwithstanding anything in these Rules and Regulations, the Organisers’ reserves the right at any time in its absolute discretion to determine and/ or amend, by addition to, subtraction from or variation of, these Rules and Regulations without prior notification, including but not limited to the eligibility terms and criteria, and all participants to this Competition shall be bound by these amendments.
- Should disputes occur between team members during the competition, the organisers will not be involved in resolving the dispute. In the situation of a team dispute, the organisers will only liaise directly with the team leader.
- Submission for the Competition signifies the acceptance of the rules and regulations of the CDL-GCNS Young SDG Leaders Award 2019.
For further enquiries, please contact YoungSDGLeaders@cdl.com.sg