Rules and Regulations
Registration & Eligibility
- Each participating team is required to register via the online registration form by 24 Feb 2023 (Fri).
Participants should be Singaporeans, Permanent Residents or Student Pass holders currently enrolled as full time students at Integrated Programme schools, Junior Colleges, Institute of Technical Education, Polytechnics, Universities and International Schools in Singapore.
- Singaporeans who are currently enrolled in overseas universities can participate, provided they are able to attend the work attachment and final judging together with their team members in June and July respectively.
- Each team must comprise three to five participants between the ages of 17 and 25 years by the date of entering the competition. Teams can comprise members from either the same or different schools/institutions.
- Top 3 winning team members from previous runs of the competition are not allowed to participate.
- Each team is required to join the March 11 Competition Briefing at the Singapore Sustainability Academy from 10.00am to 11.30am.
- Each participating team is required to submit the video clip (not more than 8 mins) by 26 Mar 2023, 11.59pm to https://tinyurl.com/ysdgla2023. The file must be named “Team Name_CDL”.
- Late submissions will NOT be accepted.
- Participants’ video clips should be creatively done in recorded format (e.g. videos, presentation slides, skits, animations, voiceovers, combination of these,
Phase 2: Final Case Study
- Failure to attend the 3-5 day attachment will result in disqualiﬁcation.
- Each ﬁnalist team is required to submit the Final Proposal (.pdf) and Presentation Slides (.ppt) through email by 9 July 2023 (Sun) to YoungSDGLeaders@cdl.com.sg
- The final proposal should not exceed 12 pages, excluding cover page and appendix. Typewritten in Arial 11 pt font, double line spacing with 1 inch margins from all sides on A4 size. One cover page containing the team name and participant’s names and school/ institution only.
- Presentation slides must be named ‘Team Name_Company Name’. Annexes are allowed in the Final Proposal.
- Late submissions will NOT be accepted.
- All ﬁnalist teams are required make a 10-minutes presentation followed by a 10-minute Question & Answer session to a panel of judges at the ﬁnal judging on 22 Jul 2023 (Sat morning). Individual reporting timings will be shared closer to the date. Venue is at the Singapore Sustainability Academy (Skypark Level 6, City Square Mall, 180 Kitchener Road, Singapore 208539).
- All proposals and presentations submitted in the course of this competition must be original, and must not have been previously entered in any national, regional or international competitions, or subject to any form of copyright protection in any country, whether in part or in whole. Copyright ownership of all proposals will remain with the participants and the organisers.
- A pre-judging panel comprising a representative each from the organisers, City Developments Limited and UN Global Compact Network Singapore, will shortlist the 10 Preliminary Proposals for Final Judging.
- Final submissions will be judged by a panel of sustainability and industry experts. Individual scores will not be disclosed to the ﬁnal teams.
- The judges’ decision is ﬁnal. No correspondence will be entered into on this subject before, during and after the competition.
- By registering to participate in the Competition, the participant allows CDL to collect and use the data, and to disclose the data to the Organisers’, for the following purposes:
- Sending of announcements and updates, conduct surveys and other relevant communication related to the Competition.
- Contacting of participants to send reminders on submissions and key milestone dates.
- All participants must consent to the public disclosure of his/her name and photographs, as the case may be, for publicity purposes or otherwise participate in the publicity activities of the Organisers’ in relation to the Competition and to the use of any information provided for any future publicity effort by the Organisers, without any payment or compensation thereof.
- Participants shall bear all costs associated with the participation of the Competition, the claiming and collection of the prizes from the Organisers.
- Notwithstanding anything in these Rules and Regulations, the Organisers’ reserves the right at any time in its absolute discretion to determine and/ or amend, by addition to, subtraction from or variation of, these Rules and Regulations without prior notification, including but not limited to the eligibility terms and criteria, and all participants to this Competition shall be bound by these amendments.
- Should disputes occur between team members during the competition, the organisers will not be involved in resolving the dispute. In the situation of a team dispute, the organisers will only liaise directly with the team leader.
- Submission for the Competition signifies the acceptance of the rules and regulations of the CDL-GCNS Young SDG Leaders Award.
For further enquiries, please contact YoungSDGLeaders@cdl.com.sg